The Circle Way
The Circle Way fosters skillful capacity to lead from your own chair…
The Circle Way is a body of work combining ancient lineage and modern social technology into a refined, lightly structured group process designed by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea. The two founders taught, applied and evolved this work in a world-wide 25-year writing and teaching cycle.
Moving from a founders-held to a community-held model, The Circle Way is now in the capable hands of next generation practitioners. It is expanding into corporations, non-profit and NGO boards, education, healthcare, community activism, and religious communities as a highly applicable form of collaborative governance.
Widening Circles: The Healing Circles Lineage (a 5-part webinar series)
Join Healing Circles Global * for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear from the founders of leading circle organizations, including Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea of The Circle Way, Parker Palmer of the Center for Courage and Renewal, Michael Lerner of Commonweal, Diana Lindsay of Healing Circles Global, and others.
Registration and more information is through the Healing Circles website. You can register for any or all of the 5 sessions.
Cost: This series is a fundraiser for Healing Circles Global, which offers training and healing circles to participants from all over the world at no cost. If you are able to donate, please consider a $20 contribution per session (or $100 for the whole series).
Session 1: Calling the Circle: A Leader in Every Chair, with Diana Lindsay, Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea
April 2, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Session 2: Circles of Trust: A Hidden Wholeness, with Michael Lerner and Parker Palmer
April 9, 2021
Session 3: Intentional Healing: Transformative Retreats for People with Cancer, with Michael Lerner and Janie Brown
April 23, 2021
Session 4: Healing Circles Global: Healing in Community with Diana Lindsay and Oren Slozberg
April 30, 2021
Session 5: Moving Forward: Circles for Healing and Coming Together, with Michael Lerner, Parker Palmer, Christina Baldwin, Diana Lindsay, Lisa Simms-Booth and Rahmin Sarabi
May 1, 2021
* Healing Circles is a nonprofit whose vision is to provide positive social support to anyone who asks for it. This takes place in small circles which encourage participants to treat one another with kindness and respect, hold one another’s stories in confidence, withhold judgment, and honor one another’s unique path to healing without advising, fixing, or rescuing. Circle participants work together to explore the best ways to remove obstacles to healing, alleviate suffering, and deepen their capacity to heal.
The Healing Circles learning community is growing and includes centers in Canada, the US, and Israel with new centers taking root in India, Switzerland, and Thailand.
PeerSpirit’s Circle Way resources have been transferred to TheCircleWay.net.
- For information about upcoming Circle Way trainings, click here.
- For teaching colleagues/Circle Way practitioners, go here.
- For Circle Way resources, including basic teaching guidelines that have been translated into several languages, visit The Circle Way Resources page.
- To subscribe to The Circle Way’s email newsletter, which provides tales of the use of Circle in various settings, subscribe here.
- For connection into the network and starting a circle – more than 600 practitioners from around the world are united through a Facebook group, where they share circle news, stories, and questions that help them reflect and deepen their practice. To join, click this link, and then, in Facebook, click the green Join Group button.
Christina and Ann’s co-authored book, The Circle Way, A Leader in Every Chair, has been translated into German, Korean and Dutch. It is available in ebook and paperback form through Amazon and via the publisher, Berrett-Koehler. See a description with links to purchase here.
Christina’s foundational book, Calling the Circle, The First and Future Culture, is also available. Read about it here.